Hey B&B Wineauxs… Here is a great chance to bid on some amazing Napa Valley experiences and rare wines that would make any wine lover drool! Even better, you get to help some families in need. Bidding runs from Friday, March 30 at 8:00 am through Monday, April 2nd at 8:00 pm.
Napa County Non-Profits Host Third Annual Napa Valley 360
Online auction to raise funds to benefit local families
Napa Valley, CA – The four major nonprofit agencies throughout Napa County are gearing up for Napa Valley 360, an online auction designed to bring one-of-a-kind Napa Valley experiences to top bidders. Funds raised for this auction will benefit the 8,300 Napa County community members who are supported by Family Service of Napa Valley, Calistoga Family Center, St. Helena Family Center and Cope Family Center. The auction can be viewed at www.napavalley360.org and will run from Friday, March 30 at 8:00 am through Monday, April 2nd at 8:00 pm.
“This has become one of our best fundraisers, and we are excited to be partnering again with the other incredible family-service organizations in Napa County,” said Joelle Gallagher, Executive Director of Cope Family Center. “We want people to understand that by bidding on these auction lots, they not only receive the chance to experience the best of the Napa Valley, but also help raise funds to better serve our families in need.”
This is the third year that these organizations have come together to organize a fundraiser of this size and scale. Last year’s auction raised over $52,000 for services provided from the four agencies, with winning bidders from across the United States. This year’s goal is to raise $75,000. The online auction will last for three days only. From Friday, March 30th, at 8AM PST through Monday, April 2nd at 8:00 pm, people will have the opportunity to bid on their favorite auction packages ranging in price from $500-5,000. Similar to other online auctions, bidders will have the chance to bid on their favorite items and they will be notified via email if they have been outbid. At that point, bidders will have the opportunity to submit a new bid before the close of the auction.
Over the past year, each organization has seen a 50% increase in the need for safety net services that help those in the valley who are unemployed and emotionally or physically distressed. All proceeds from Napa Valley 360 will benefit local families and will make the community a safer, healthier place to live.
Listed below is a sampling of the wonderful packages that are offered in this year’s auction.
- Hands-On Wine Blending Experience: Here is your opportunity to enjoy an incredible hands-on blending experience with winemaker extraordinaire, Dawnine Dyer, at award-winning Meteor Vineyard in Napa. After the wine blending, enjoy a casual lunch at the vineyard with Dawnine and vineyard manager Mike Wolf. To ensure the day will remain in your memories, bring home a magnum of Meteor to share with family and friends.
- Asian Culinary Experience and Lunch for Six: Experience a cultural awakening of the senses and an unforgettable afternoon. Enjoy a private tour for six of the fabulous Dana Estate, designed by Howard Backen, followed by a cooking class with Hospitality Director and Chef Daniel Ha, with a focus on traditional dishes from Vietnam and Korea.
- Meadowood Golf & Croquet Getaway for Two: Nestled into the forested hillside above St. Helena is Meadowood Napa Valley, an award-winning resort highly south after for its intimacy, serenity and trademark luxury. One couple will enjoy one night’s stay in this magical hideaway, complete with lunch for two at The Grill. Your getaway also includes private golf lessons for two.
- Napa Valley Film Festival: Two lucky people will be treated like STARS at the second annual Napa Valley Film Festival 2012. Enjoy overnight accommodations in a lovely Yountville Bungalow, along with two tickets to the Napa Valley film Festival and dinner at The Restaurant in Bardessono.
- Mondavi Handpainted Double Magnum: What could be better than enjoying a bottle of wine from the iconic Mondavi Winery? How about one that includes personalized art work by Margrit Mondavi? This double magnum Cabernet Sauvignon magnum has been hand-painted by Ms. Mondavi exclusively for this event. A must have for true wine and art enthusiasts!
- Barbeque and Chocolate for 18: Experience firsthand the delicious transition St. Helena’s famous Woodhouse Chocolates’ team has made from fine chocolate to award-winning competitive barbecue. Woodhouse Barbecue founders John and Tracy Anderson will create a feast fit for a champion for the successful bidder and 18 guests at their Napa area home or other favorite location. A selection of wines provided by the St. Helena Family Center Board of Directors will complement the Bay Area’s finest meats cooked on the Woodhouse family of barbecue pits, all topped off by morsels of the Upper Valley’s finest chocolates.
The Honorary Committee, Napa Valley Destination Council, 55 Degrees and WineCountry.com are key sponsors for the online event.
About Napa Valley 360
Napa Valley 360 benefits four Napa County nonprofit agencies that provide essential mental health, family support and child abuse prevention services to over 8,300 Napa County residents from Calistoga to American Canyon through the collaborative Bridges Program. 75% of these families have demonstrated improvement in their daily functioning and/or level of emotional distress as a result of their participation.